Friday, March 14, 2008

Admit one !















A couple of movies I watched this week. Some old, some new, but on the whole, mostly dumb ones.

Two I watched on T.V. One was ‘Anand’, this probably for the third time; such a beautiful movie this. Big B and Rajesh Khanna are simply super. Was on Star Gold, it went on till 1-30am. Snored at work the next day.

Salaam Namaste – a big Salaam and a big Namaste to this dumb movie. Everything about this movie is dumb.

Lakshya – probably watched only the second half. Quite watchable. Although Preity looks more like a mental-hospital run-away girl, it’s a pretty decent movie.

Namaste London – what the hell is with these Namaste movies? Someone told me this was a good movie. It’s the dumbest movie in the list of dumb movies. Of course, Katrina is just “!!!!!”, Akshay acts so cheaply to start off, although he gets a lot more decent second-half, the movie does not.

Jodhaa Akbar – it has it all! From ‘Isse davaa ki nahin, duwaa ki zaroorat hai’ to ‘mein apni suhaag ki bheek maangti hoon’. Is it really Ashutosh Gowariker’s product? What an atrocious make! Apart from a pretty decent-looking war scenario in the beginning, there’s nothing else - the movie is a big bore! Like Rajeev Masand says, “A big thumbs down to this movie” and a rating of 1, not because it deserves it, only because I wasted 3.15 hours to watch a husband-wife ‘loves me, loves me not’ saga.

10,000 BC – almost watched this one, but God remembered my good deeds, and prevented me from wasting ‘my’ hard-earned money. But my friend has already done the wasting, so catch his review at http://www.freewebs.com/pavu56/moviereviews.htm

Ergo, a bad week !

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home