Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Blogger turns 2 today !





































You guys are real fighters! You guys are real survivors! If Darwin’s ‘Survival of the fittest’ holds true, I’m sure Darwin referred to guys just like you. And beyond doubt, this year’s Red and White bravery awards, as well as the Param Vir Chakra go to you. Guess why? My blog has kept making your lives miserable for the past 2 years, and yet you have endured it all successfully.

Yes, this blog has hit a double-century. It has around 13o posts, but my blogging tradition had started over 2 years back. I just happened to delete some of my first 20 posts, as I was not at all satisfied with them. So, in reality, I’ve posted over 150 posts.

From words like – “I’m addicted to your blog” to “Another blog mail from you and you’ll be killed” has kept me going. Of course, the posts I put up ain’t really something I am proud about. Every time I see an article written by a friend, talking about issues, finding solutions to grave problems, trying to make people better than what they are, it irritates me, because all I do is drone about how Katrina and I are made for each other (which is true, by the way). But I hate preaching; of course, I never held back when there was some issue on which I had a strong view about; I’ve openly put it across, but I do understand my blog, to put it bluntly, is a whole pile of trash, decorated with carefully picked words, so that it appears as something readable.

2 ½ years back, I used to hear that blogging was the ‘in’ thing! Just like how almost everyone has a Facebook account today, everyone was turning out to be a blogger. I caught on early with that tradition, and it seemed perfect for someone like me. I have, plenty of times, tried to start off designing web pages of my own, but failed miserably. What started off as a promise of ‘updating daily’, ended up ‘updating never’. Blogging was just the answer I was looking out for.

It took a while to get into the groove. Friends who blogged, helped me through this process. I set out to make my blog, the ‘blog of the century’. Comments became a must, I felt irritated when I did not get any. But by and by, blogging became more of a way to flush things out of my system. Blogging became a ‘full-fledged bathroom’. And of course, it was also a platform to test the new vocabulary I learnt when practicing for GRE.

My cousin Bharath, very soon, will be adopted by the family of bloggers, so do watch out for his posts.

I don’t know the future of my blogging, but I do know that it will happen till I’m so blind, that I can’t see the monitor. Thank you for your patience (I’m sure you have a lot) … do continue groaning when you see my mail in your inboxes … because you see, every blogger derives his inspiration out of that.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:12 PM , Blogger Kiran said...

Hey Suhas !

Your blog sends me to bouts of refreshment every time I read it. I have ready many of your posts and I find your talent of jugglery of words very amazing.
Hope I learn a few things from you. Ranting about issues is how I started with my blog. Once you do a couple of such posts, you start feeling helpless about everything. Your posts are a lot different though. Don't change your style and please keep blogging.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home